Your living room should be a place where you and your family can relax and spend time together. Whether you are reading a book, watching a movie, or entertaining guests, the last thing you want to deal with is an unorganized living room. Unfortunately, living rooms tend to easily become a catch-all for toys, blankets, old magazines, and more.
In order to help you manage your living room, here are some tips and tricks you can use to create an organized and life styled space.
1. Make your entertainment center even more functional by using under-cabinet bins. Check outOrganizing Made Fun for details and instructions.
2. Maximize space by going vertical! I love these DIY hanging baskets. Check out A Pair & A Spare for instructions.
3. Use Velcro to take care of easy-to-lose objects. (Even your 10 year old son can help keep your living room organized using this method!). Buzzfeed has the details.
4. Store board games in an organization hanger. This method allows for easy access and easy clean up.
5. Use decorative baskets for stylish and functional storage.
6. Use ottomans that double as storage:
7. If you have little kids at home pick a few of their toys and keep them in a basket in your living room. This cuts down on the clutter and keeps your baby’s favorite things at his or her eye level.
So how do you organize your living room? I would love to hear your tips! Email me and you may be featured in an upcoming post.